Following the USA as it makes its way through the World Cup, and some backpacking along the way.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Wow I feel like a tourist

Well I guess I cant help it actually being in Prague. In my head I had an idea of a Bohemian Prague which I guess died about ten years ago. Nowadays it is overrun with tourists, everywhere.



Its still a great city. Absolutely beautiful with cathedrals, castles and in particular the Charles Bridge.

The first time I went over it was at night going to a Jazz Club on the other side of the river and there were only a few people there, some couples making out, a band drunkingly playing some music while a police office for the fun of it took their photograph. It was great.

The next day I crossed it in the afternoon and all the magic I felt the night before was lost. There were just tourists everywhere, so many that it was hard to see anything.

Ah well...

But if you can get outside the center it is cool. The jazz clubs are really cool here and I went to a rave club one night and it was great music. I guess people assumed I was a local cause they kept speaking to me in Czech. And the beer was much cheaper out there. So a good time.



But I think I've had my fill of being a tourist in Prague, so I'll be a tourist somewhere else.



Next up Krakow in Poland.

2 Comments:

Blogger David T. Oro said...

Doug, Thanks for starting the blog. Looking forward to your posts!

3:40 AM

 
Blogger Douglas Zimmerman said...

Thanks for the update.

I made it to Krakow and it is cool so far. Met a cool Aussie and a Polish guy from here who gave me some suggestions.

hopefully i'll post again tomorrow.

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home