Following the USA as it makes its way through the World Cup, and some backpacking along the way.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dae-A-Meen-Guk!! (South Korea!!)


After taking an overnight train back to Erfurt, I slept in late and then made my way to Leipzig which was only an hour away. South Korea was playing France there and I knew the fans would be great, and make some good photographs. I got into town right before the game and made my way over to the Fan Fest. In the center of the square in front of the screen around 700 South Korean fans were sitting together to watch the game on the big screen. I sat in among them and it was a great time. France scored an early goal and the fans were upset.

But they kept chanting and their spirits up and late in the game scored an equalizer. With that the fans were crazy, and after the final whistle partied it up. The Korean fans were great in 2002 partying all night, and they did the same thing here.

All in all a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home